All the data we collect is stored in the UK on servers owned by https://www.openanswers.co.uk
We trust Open Answers to keep our data safe and encrypted to protect it from cyber attack or hacking.
Open Answers are GDPR compliant. This means that they meet all the required standards of the new data privacy rules
Open Answers do not ‘process’ any of our data. This means that they don’t read, write or organize any of the data.
Your data and you
If you think your data has been misused or that the organisation holding it hasn’t kept it secure, you should contact the organisation and discuss this with them. If you’re unhappy with their response or if you need any advice you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or via the website www.ico.org.uk
A cookie is not just the name of a delicious snack. A ‘cookie’ is also a term used to describe a tag that websites can link to each person that visits a site. The information collected through the tags can then help to understand what users are doing on a website, and how the website could be improved.
Kooth allow the following services to collect cookies about how users engage with the site:
Open Answers, which is a service that Kooth uses to store data
Matomo, which is an analytics platform that we use to understand how users are engaging with the Kooth site.
The cookies that Kooth allows these services to collect will not compromise your anonymity.
Matomo collects the following information about visitors to Kooth:
- Web referrer name - The web page the visitor came into Kooth from eg. Google
- Referrer URL - The web url address the visitor came into Kooth from
- Referrer keyword - The words searched for in search engine to reach Kooth
- Type of referral - E.g. direct entry, search engine, website, campaign
- Browser language
- Browser engine
- Browser version
- Browser name
- Device brand
- Device model
- Device type - E.g. mobile, PC, tablet etc
- Device operating system
- Device operating system version
- Whether the visitor's browser has cookies enabled
- Whether the visitor's browser can view flash videos
- Java - whether the visitor's browser can run java
- Whether the visitor's browser can view pdf files
- Whether the visitor's browser uses quicktime to play media files
- Whether the visitor's browser can run silverlight programs
- Whether the visitor's browser uses windows media player to play media files
- The country the user is in
- Location hostname
- Browser local time